What is Softlay?
Softlay is a range of patented glass-fibre and polyurethane underlays designed and manufactured in Germany
These unique, high quality permanently elastic underlayment systems are made up of 90% naturally occurring sustainable raw materials
A load spreading glass fibre stabilizing top layer is combined with a mineral filler core and heavy duty polyurethane binders
Various types of backing are then bonded to give Softlay its different performance characteristics
This blend of materials and construction makes Softlay an incredibly stable and strong base offering exceptional performance and ease of installation
What types of Softlay are there?
There are four main types of Softlay (Please click on the Softlay Versions tab above for a more detailed description of each)
- Softlay 21 – self-adhesive version, this has a pre-applied base contact adhesive on one side complete with protective film, this system is demountable
- Softlay Fleece – same as Softlay 21 but without the self-adhesive backing, for those fitters who prefer to use their own adhesive or where occupational uses require a higher performance
- Softlay Foil – has a high quality aluminium foil bonded to one side and is designed for contaminated or damp sub-floors, this is a loose laid system
- Softlay 21 Plus – self-adhesive and specially designed for the encapsulation of asbestos floor tiles, this system is demountable
Where can Softlay be used?
There are six main applications that we have a suitable Softlay system for (Please see table below)
|Acoustic Underlay||Softlay 21 or Softlay Fleece||Impact sound from above will be reduced by a minimum 17dB and ambient sound from within a room by 21%|
|Moisture Mitigation and Contaminated floors||Softlay Foil||Loose lay system that can be used over sub-floors where the RH reading is up to 95% (relative) and over floors contaminated by oil or paint*|
|Raised Access Floors||Softlay 21||Demountable system that is a genuine alternative to ply. Will protect the raised access panels where vinyl is the required floor finish and will not damage the panels upon removal*|
|Asbestos Tile Encapsulation||Softlay 21 Plus||Encapsulation system that will allow a new floor finish to be installed without the need to remove the existing asbestos tiles and which will not damage the tiles upon removal*|
|Existing Vinyl/LVT/PVC floors||Softlay 21 or Softlay Fleece||Demountable plasticiser barrier that will allow a new vinyl finish to be fitted over an existing vinyl floor without the fear of plasticiser migration|
|Overlay existing Ceramic Tiled, Painted Concrete and Laminate* floors||Softlay 21 or Softlay Fleece||Overlay system that will allow a new finish to be installed over an existing floor using Softlay as a separating layer|
What are the benefits of Softlay?
- Compatible with almost every type of sub-floor
- Suitable under almost every type of floor finish
- Suitable for domestic and commercial use
- Suitable for project work, schools, hospitals, hotels etc.
- Sounds and feels like a solid floor once installed
- Virtually no residual indentation
- Exceptional lay flat properties straight from the roll
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Will work in areas of high humidity (Softlay Foil)
- Will act as a stress reliever
- Will save you time and/or money over traditional methods where applicable
How does Softlay come?
- Each version of Softlay comes in rolls of 7m x 1m
- A full pallet of Softlay is 40 rolls (280 m2)
- You can buy Softlay by the roll or the pallet
- Softlay has a thickness of 2.1mm
- Each Softlay roll weighs 14kg (2kg per m2)
- Softlay orders of two pallets or less are available for next day delivery
How do I order Softlay?
If you have any questions about the Softlay range or you would like an information pack or wish to place an order please call 01245 929122 or email email@example.com
What about Softlay and the environment?
- Softlay is free from plasticisers, asbestos, formaldehyde, halogens and heavy metals
- Softlay complies with French afsset A+ guidelines on VOC’s and meets the highest EU standards for VOC emissions
- Softlay complies with the Blue Angel eco label and the German AgBB scheme
- Softlay is free from solvents and does not contain any ozone depleting substances
- Softlay can be recycled in accordance with EAK no 170604
- Softlay can be disposed of as normal household or construction waste
Softlay complies with French afsset A+ guidelines on VOC’s, the Blue Angel eco label and the German AgBB scheme.